Thursday 26 November 2015

Egg Tarts


Hi

This was the last session of baking with this group of kids.  I had, in total, accomplished 3 sessions before the year ends, and I feel thankful for the opportunity to serve.  You can see the recipes I did for the 1st and 2nd session here and here.


For this session, I had chosen to do egg tarts with the kids.  Look at the faces of these kids.  They were waiting eagerly for their turn to hands on.
I adapted the recipe from Christine and have tweaked the method to make it easier for the kids. 
I have tried making many egg tarts and only this recipe works for me.  You can find my 1st success story of egg tart here :D
I felt so grateful that Cheryl, Soo Feng and Ai Lee had volunteered to assist me when my baking buddy is unable to make.  It is so wonderful to serve alongside with friends who shared the same passion.

Be grateful.

INGREDIENTS
(Making about 36 egg tarts)

Crust
450g       Plain flour
250g       Unsalted butter
90g         Caster sugar
2              Eggs

2 tsp        Vanilla extract

Egg fillings
4              Eggs
60g         Sugar
300ml     Hot 2ater
150ml     Evaporator milk
1 tsp        Vanilla extract

METHOD
Egg Fillings
1)Add sugar into hot water, mix until completely dissolved.  Let it cool down.

2)Whisk the egg with evaporator milk.  Pour into the sugar water.  Mix well.

3)Sift the egg mixture and put aside.

Crust
1)Beat butter and sugar until the mixture is smooth, fluffy and light in colour.

2)Add eggs, vanilla extract and mix well.

3)Add in the flour and combined well.

4)Form the dough into round shape.  Cling wrapped it and put in the refrigerator for 15mins.

5)Take the dough out from the refrigerator.  Divide the dough in 25g each. 

6)Press the dough into each tarts casing.

7)Carefully pour in the fillings into each tart shell.  Bake for 10 mins at 200 Deg C.  Then reduce the temperature to 170 Deg C and bake for another 10-15mins.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    It's always fun to bake with kids ^-^! Yummy-licious egg tarts to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    You have finally found your egg tart recipe! I got to try this too because it doesn't require rolling and chilling and the pastry look really stable!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks smooth and good. Tried before but mine didn't turn out looking that good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the recipe! I had wanted to get my hands on making some egg tarts for a long time!

    Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to do baking ! And I can't wait to try this out, thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy and fun!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete